Storage has always been an issue in Indian kitchens. From open shelves to closed kitchen cabinets for your kitchen, you’re restricting your choices. What’s the best way and why? Right now, open shelves are extremely trendy and can create a minimalist fuss-free look. There is much to be said about a long-term trend of cabinets, however, and this is the safer bet for you. Read more to know about the difference between open shelves and modular kitchen cabinets.
You would have seen lovely open shelves in the kitchen if you had a love of home decoration. If you loved them Regardless of whether they’re the floating kind, they’re now at the forefront of the lookbooks of designers. You can showcase your lovely vaults, pottery, and everyday items. But before you start tearing down your closed kitchen cabinets to follow this glamorous trend, think if it’s going to work for you.
Advantages Of Open Shelves In The Modular kitchen
- This style looks amazing and cool when done right.
- There’s not much room for open shelves, which makes them ideal for a compact modular kitchen. It doesn’t block the eye visually, so space is larger than it seems.
- As they require very little material, they are a budget-friendly choice for kitchens.
- Open shelves enable you to not only show kitchen items but also souvenirs, potted plants, and eclectic collections of interesting little ones. You can be certain that your modular kitchen reflects your personality and there will never be two kitchens looking the same.
- All items placed on the shelves are easily accessible so that tools, utensils, and spices used in cooking every day can be stored.
Disadvantages Of Open Shelves In The Modular Kitchen
- The open shelves are a dust magnet, and particularly when close to the cooking area, grate and dirt will attract. Not only the shelf, but anything stored here will become dirty and must be cleaned regularly. It should not matter as much if you are using open shelves for daily storage, as it will in any event be cleaned regularly.
- Anything on your open shelves can be seen and will determine the appearance of your kitchen. Chips, bad glasses, or utensils that saw the worst wear can take the look away.
- Not all can be placed on open shelves, so you have to keep larger things—or objects that don’t match your display—where else, they can’t be seen.
Closed kitchen cabinets maximize storage, keep unhappy goods away from prying eyes, and always give your modular kitchen a clean and orderly look. You can choose to have shutters with transparent or translucent glass that seem lighter and cleaner if you do not like the boxing in the form of opaque shutters.
Advantages of Kitchen Cabinets in The Modular Kitchen
- Closed top cabinets always appear sleek and offer a clean external appeal even if the inside is disordered.
- The shutters may be matched to suit any decoration concept, from traditional to modern. You also contribute the aesthetics and practicality of your kitchens to your finishes, handles, and hardware.
- The shutter finishes can be matched to your choice of colors.
- Many more objects can be stored behind closed doors.
- Clutters and unwanted products are all concealed and dusting and cleaning must not be a laborious daily task.
Disadvantages Of Closed Kitchen Cabinets
- Closed cabinets in the modular kitchen are far more costly than open shelves.
- Cabinets extending along the ceiling are difficult to access.
- Closed cabinets tend to be lacking in individuality and may appear the same. This is particularly true when you choose inexpensive cabinets, which are not tailor-made to suit your needs.
Your selections about modular kitchen storage will be based on your preference. Choose a design that complements your kitchen style, and fits well with your decorative theme and needs. Contact us if you can’t make up your mind. We’re going to assist you to construct your ideal kitchen as you want!