What does an interior designer do
Everyone wants the interior of their home to be the best but Interior design pricing is the main concern for the clients. Most of the time their first question is only this “How much will be the expenditure on interior designing?“. So today we are going to explain things related to the Site budget or project budget and the home interior design packages.
So in this blog, We will mention all the details related to home interior design packages. In residential projects, we have different categories like Apartment, Independent house, Villa & bungalow, etc. Therefore, the interior designing pricing varies according to the different categories.
Interior designer pricing packages for Apartments
For the pricing of 2 bhk, 3 bhk & 4 bhk Apartment, the designing fees includes all drawings related to particular space like Layout Plan, False ceiling plan, Electrical plan, Wall designs, Wardrobe design, LCD unit design, Door design, etc.
There are so many materials used in interior design. So we also help to select materials like Ply board, Laminates, Veneers, Designer Sheets, Hardware, Paint Selection, Furniture selection, Curtain Selection, Wall art Selection, Wallpapers Selection, Lighting Selection, etc. We also help our clients to find a suitable contractor for a particular job like Carpentry work, Tiles work, Paintwork, Electrical Work, Ceiling Work, Plumbing work, Civil work, Glass Work, etc.
Interior designing fees for different Categories of Apartments. There is no fixed price for Interior design service fees. Every design firm has its own fee structure. Thus, we can not tell you about what others charge. So here is the price list of What we charge for the interior design consultancy.
Interior design fee Structure – 2 bhk Apartment
|1. 2 bhk Apartment||Total Covered Area||25,000/-|
|2. 2 bhk Apartment||Excluding Kitchen & Wash rooms||15,000/-|
|3. 2 bhk Apartment||Only decoration||5000/-|
|4. 2 bhk Apartment||Single Room design||6000/-|
|5. 2 bhk Apartment||Drawing & Dinning area design||8000/-|
Interior design fee Structure – 3 bhk Apartment
|1. 3 bhk Apartment||Total Covered Area||35,000/-|
|2. 3 bhk Apartment||Excluding Kitchen & Washrooms||25,000/-|
|3. 3 bhk Apartment||Only decoration||7500/-|
|4. 3 bhk Apartment||Single Room design||7000/-|
|5. 3 bhk Apartment||Drawing & dinning Area||10,000/-|
Interior design fee Structure – 4 bhk apartment
|1. 4 bhk Apartment||Total Covered Area||50,000/-|
|2. 4 bhk Apartment||Excluding Kitchen & Washrooms||35,000/-|
|3. 4 bhk Apartment||Only Decoration||10,000/-|
|4. 4 bhk Apartment||Single room design||8500/-|
|5. 4 bhk Apartment||Drawing & dinning Area||12,500/-|
How much does interior design cost?
We always wonder about “How much Interior Designer cost?” So we have solved this difficulty for you. In the apartment, we mostly have an area around 1000 sq. ft to 3000 sq. ft. It comes in 2 bhk,3 bhk,4 bhk & 5 bhk apartment. Thus, the interior design fee completely depends on the categories and areas to be designed.
Interior Design Pricing for a 2bhk apartment
So if we talk about the 2 bhk apartment. Its interior design pricing goes around (500/- sq. ft to 1000 sq. ft). It also depends upon the clients’ requirements & the budget. Since most of the 2 bhk apartment area is around 800 sq. ft to 1300 sq. ft. So, one can calculate the total amount for Interiors.
Interior Designing Cost for a 3bhk apartment
In a 3 bhk apartment, Costing for the total project goes around 800 sq. ft to 1500 sq. ft. But, this estimate costing is for the standard work. As there are no fixed parameters in interior design thus we can spend more or less according to our budget.
Interior Designing Fee for a 4 and 5bhk apartment
In a 4 bhk apartment, the total interior design fee goes around 1200 sq. ft to 2000 sq. ft for Standard work. We will further explain all details according to the materials. How materials can change our budget?
Now in a 5 bhk apartment, There is one thing which we can understand is that a 5 bhk apartment design budget is much more than a 2 bhk apartment. I mean to say that if one has 5 bhk apartment, Therefore, it means that this client can spend more than 2 bhk apartment owner. Thus, in a 5 bhk apartment, the budget can go around 1500/- sq. ft to 4000 sq. ft.
Approx pricing packages
Approx. interior designing packages for Single Bedroom, Washroom, Kitchen, Living room & Dinning area.
|Particulars||Total Area||Items||Per Sq.ft||Amount|
|Single Room Cost||120 Sq.ft to 200 Sq.ft|| False Ceiling, Electrical Work, Lighting,|
Wardrobe, LCD Unit, Double Bed, Paint, Wallpaper or Wall Paneling, Curtains etc.
|700/- to 2000/-||75,000/- to 4,00,000/-|
|Washroom Cost||50 sq.ft to 150 sq.ft||All Plumbing Material, Internal & External Fittings, Sanitary ware, Tiling, Electrical work & Lighting, Paint,|
|1000/- to 3000/-||50,000/- to 4,50,000/-|
|Kitchen Cost||70 Sq.ft to 200|
|Tiling & Counter top, Cabinets, Accessories, Electrical work, Ceiling, Paint etc.||1000/- to 4,000/-||70,000/- to 8,00,000/-|
|Living room & dinning area||200 sq.ft to 500 Sq.ft||False ceiling, Electrical , Lighting, Partition, LCD unit,|
Wall paneling, Furniture, Curtains, wall art, decorative lights, Wallpaper etc.
|1000/- to 3000/-||2,00,000/- to 12,00,000/-|
|Only Decoration||1000 sq.ft to 4000 sq.ft||Wallpapers, Wall painting, Accessories, Decorative lights, curtains etc.||100/- to 500/-||100,000/- to 12,00,000|
So, here we discussed the interior design fee structure for the residential interior design. We hope you liked this information. Also, we promise to provide you such information regularly. You can contact us via mail or by calling us. We shall be glad to hear from you.
Also, read Different types of Interior design style.
An Interior designer does all those things Which are related to any Interior space, but before we will describe to you more about What does an interior designer do? I would like to share with you the definition of an Interior designer, Which is very important.
What is an Interior designer?
An interior designer is a person who works with a client to satisfy his needs regarding the Interior Space of any Residential & Commercial area. A professional interior designer’s task is to define the Interior Space and plan to demonstrate the proposed layout for clients to review before approval of the design. In the next step, the designer provides all the presentation drawings to clear the design concept. After approval by the client, the designer submits all working drawings & chooses materials for the design scheme. An interior designer has multiple skills. Thus, these skills include a strong grasp of mathematics and numbers for measuring, calculating dimensions, budgeting, and financial control.
Interior Designer Job description
The Interior Designers bring to life an creative vision for work and living spaces, working out a project from conception to creation. Interior designer job is not easy, they would determine the Site Conditions, taking all the site measurements, meet with different contractors that may be needed as well in order to achieve the desired outcome. If any additional sub-contracting is needed for wall designs, flooring design, Ceiling design, tiling, or any other related need, the interior designer would make those arrangements and oversee the job. Skills in (CAD) computer-aided drafting to get Interior drawings would be used as well as scanners, tape measures, graphics tablets. An interior designer role includes:
- Determine the client’s goals and requirements for the project
- Inspecting and surveying Sites
- Setting schedules for the project
- Consider how the space will be best used for Interiors
- Researching and drawing up all the plans
- Developing detailed working designs
- Specify materials for such as lighting, furniture, wall finishes, flooring, and plumbing fixtures
- Supervising and coordinate with general building contractors to implement the plans and specifications for the project
- Visit the site after the completion of project,to ensure that the client is satisfied
Skills of an Interior Designer
An interior designer must have the following skills:
- Firstly, he/she should have creativity, imagination & focus.
- Secondly, Communication skills are the key skill of a designer
- Thirdly, Knowledge of building & furnishing materials
- an eye for design, including color scheme, and good 3D awareness
- the ability to visualize concepts and explain them to others
- Moreover, he/she should possess good drawings and IT skills
- Above all, Update about changing trends in design.
Many designers specialize in particular types of buildings, such as homes, hospitals, or hotels; specific rooms, such as bathrooms or kitchens; or a specific style. Some designers work for home-furnishings stores, providing design services to help customers choose materials and furnishings.
Types of Interior designers-:
- Residential -: This designer mostly work for residential spaces like apartment, Houses or Bungalow. These designers have more experienced in residential spaces. They also do the renovation work for a particular area of the house like the kitchen, washroom or living room, etc.
- Commercial -: Commercial designers mostly work for Commercial spaces like Retail outlets, Showrooms, Display areas, Kiosks, etc. Hence, they focus on creating spaces that are efficient, functional, and safe for employees. In their designs, they mainly emphasize on aesthetic & ambiance of that particular area which is eye-catching and attract customers.
- Hospitality -: These Interior designers develop spaces in hotels and restaurants. They design structures & Interiors that are functional, attractive, and beneficial to the quality of life of the visitors. Because interior designers are typically involved in the planning stages of a project, they must be knowledgeable about code and regulatory requirements. Hospitality Interior designer typically works closely with architects and construction project managers.
- Office -: There are some designers, who work only in the office. It can be small or big. It can be any Corporate or company office. Thus, these designers focus on creating spaces that are efficient, functional, and cool for employees.
Contact us for the expert interior designing services.